Thursday, January 31, 2019

Product Review: MakeUp World Transformation Palette

I  may be the last person you'd expect to be talking about makeup but I'm one busy mama who's on a limited time and budget so I welcome with open arms anything that can bring the inner goddess out of this tired, sleep-deprived worn out shell of mine.

For the past few months, I've been taking every chance to wheel my toddler's stroller around and check out what's on display at the makeup aisles. I've been looking for a set that has the essentials and is easy to take along. Last month, I chanced upon the MakeUp World Transformation Palette and as luck was on my side, it was on buy 1, take 1 sale for P475.00!


The MakeUp World Transformation Palette comes in two variants- the Day/Night and the Natural/Glam.

Each set has 8 eyeshadows, 8 lipsticks, and 2 blushes, all in a compact three-layer case. With these dimensions - 9 cm length, 5.5 cm width, and 1.7 cm thickness- it's size is just perfect for women on the go who want just simple, natural-looking makeup.

I thought to myself buying two would defeat the purpose of getting a set that's travel-friendly but I easily justified it by thinking that my college-age daughter might like one. So I went for it.




Here are some of the photos:

Natural/Glam. I was able to take some photos before trying it. My daughter picked this set as its shades seem to favor younger, fairer looking skin. The way I see it, it's shades just seem more fun and relaxed than the other palette. Both sets come complete and so it would really just be a matter of personal preference which one you'd take when traveling.
Natural/Glam palette

8 eyeshadows (Natural/Glam)

8 lipsticks (Natural/Glam)

2 blushes (Natural/Glam)
Day/Night. I got so excited with my purchase that I had to try it at the soonest chance. So this set's not so new anymore, but at least I still get to show its shades. By the time I took the photos, I've been out and about for a couple of weeks, including a trip out-of-town. The shades on this set seem to match my mature skin better, and has a more serious vibe to it, but then again, it just boils down to personal preference.
8 eyeshadows (Day/Night)

8 lipsticks (Day/Night)

2 Blushes (Day/Night)

What I love about it:

  • The compact size (again, perfect for travel and women on the go).
  • For an inexpensive set, it stays on remarkably long. So far, I've had it on for 8 hours on regular errands on cool, tropical weather, without having to retouch. 
  • The price!
What it doesn't have:
  • Makeup brushes. No big deal because it already packs a lot. I got a small, travel set of brushes separately to use it with.
  • A variety of colors. The one I'm replacing had shades of green, blue, and pink in one palette (but it doesn't have lipsticks with it). I know it's outdated but I'm the type who wears blue eyeshadow, I love it and it helps pick up my mood. This set doesn't have the same variety but its handy so this still works and I'm good. 
Another point worth noting is that the palettes tend to favor a more natural look so some advance makeup skill can come in handy. (I'm thinking Meghan Markle's barely-there makeup on her wedding to Prince Harry. That's some masterful makeup skills there.) Most of the reviews say that it's friendly to beginners so I guess we go back to personal preference. 

The eyeshadows and blush tend to be more powdery than the other brands I've used thus the surprise when I found that it adheres to my skin for many hours. Because of it's powdery texture, I suspect it may cause some irritation to those who have sensitive skin, especially around the eyes. I'm somewhere between- I've used both cheap and mid-range makeup and so far my skin has been ok.  

So far, I've been happy with it. I have much to learn about makeup but I'd recommend this to busy moms like me and anyone who's needs an easy set to carry on the go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment