Friday, October 5, 2018

Product Review: Liquid Powder

This post will be a quick review  of Lactacyd Baby Liquid Powder and Mothercare All We Know Baby Liquid Talc

Parents are recommended against using powder talc on babies as it can cause allergies. This summer, my active toddler sweat so much that skin irritation was almost unavoidable. I was so glad to have come across liquid powder at the supermarket and I started asking around for feedback.

I wish I had better photos but for this post, I'll have to make do with what my smartphone can come up with.

Lactacyd Baby Liquid Powder


I came across Lactacyd Baby Liquid Powder by chance at S&R. I did not see it at the other supermarkets where we usually get our supply. I suppose it's either in high demand, or only few stores carry it. The price of P280.00 for a 120 ml  tube seemed steep for me so I was relieved to learn that it also comes in a much smaller 30ml tube for about P90.00,  which was what I bought at a nearby supermarket (S&R does not seem to carry the smaller one).  

The bottomline: It's mild, gently scented, but it's moisturizing effect seems to take over that it does not dry enough into a powder feel, which is what I'm looking for in liquid talc.It feels more of a moisturizing lotion than talc.

A lot of the moms I asked highly recommend this product so it's still worth a try. I'd suggest to try the smaller tube the same way I did.

Mothercare All We Know Baby Liquid Talc



I've always been a fan of Mothercare products since we had our first child 19 years ago. So naturally, I checked to see  if they also have liquid powder. 

The Mothercare All  We Know Baby Liquid Talc comes at almost the same price- P299.00 for a 120ml tube. Unlike Lactacyd which is available in supermarkets and baby care section in the department stores, the Mothercare one is only available at their boutique stores. 

The bottomline: I love it. It's lightly scented, feels like lotion at first, but dries into a powdery texture and my baby boy loves it, too. Rubbing some on his back has become part of our evening routine.

Between these two, I'd say go for the Mothercare All  We Know Baby Liquid Talc.




No comments:

Post a Comment