Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Product Review: Nature Republic Bee Venom Treatment Spot

Nature Republic Bee Venom Treatment Spot

Bee Venom Treatment Spot

Bee Venom Complex 77%
Concentrated spot care ointment for acne

I'm so excited about this product that I don't know where to begin. Of all my recent finds, this one is my favorite. I've tried other spot treatment products before but none of them worked as well as this one.


Just a brief background on my skin situation: I have combination skin that gets worse during my monthly period of hormonal chaos. At any given time, I have about three or four pimples  but they're not ordinary pimples- they're the cystic ones that are deep and swollen and could take up to two weeks to resolve. Apparently, when you're an aging woman with oily skin, those are the types of pimples you get. And I hear they're mostly caused by hormonal shifts and imbalances.

My skin wasn't always like this. It was only in the past year that my skin became oily and pimple-prone. It took a series of trial and error for a few months before I finally seem to have found the products that work. And Nature Republic Bee Venom Spot Treatment is one of those that I'm very happy with.

How to Use

Apply an appropriate amount to the problem areas. Gently rub to enhance the absorption into the skin.

Texture and Scent

The texture of this product is somewhere between that of a gel and a cream; it's more of the consistency of emulsion or essence. It's a white liquid that's lighter than the usual cream, but not as clear and transparent as gel. It has a light minty scent and feels very cool to the touch.

Packaging

The product comes in a 30 ml squeeze tube made of durable but flexible rubbery plastic. Because of it's thin snout, dispensing is easy and highly hygienic. Depending on the amount of usage, the product is big enough to last a few months but small enough to carry around during travel. It comes in a box made of recycled paper, as with other Nature Republic products. Since it's made in Korea, much the writing in the box is in Korean characters.

Effectiveness

Here we come to the best part. As I've mentioned earlier, I have cystic pimples. They persist for up to about two weeks that I have started to feel powerless against them. I find myself constantly giving in to the temptation to prick them despite not getting any positive results nor satisfaction from doing so- it just leaves an ugly scar that then stays for many months.

When I tried this, I was battling another nasty, persistent batch of acne. When I applied it, I felt the soothing effect of it's light cream texture. It also has a slight, minty sting to it, I figured it's not surprising for a product made from 77% bee venom.  I applied it at night (something that I still do) to make sure that it gets absorbed into clean, relaxed skin. When I woke up the next morning, the redness on the cystic pimples were gone. And the older breakouts started to heal, and when they did, it did not leave a scar or only left minimal scarring for those that I ended up pricking. Within two to three days, the pimples were gone. With my skin type, new breakouts continue to appear (I get about three to four at any given time) but this product is able to arrest their growth and keep the acne under control. This is my new best friend!

I've had this product for two months and it has helped me survive two week-long periods of pimples brought about unstable hormones. I've tried other products before, mostly made of salycylic acid (Celeteque Acne Spot Corrector Gel), or other herbal ingredients like tea tree (Human Nature Acne Defense Solution Gel) and basil oil (Cleerface Herbal Pimple Cream) but they all seem to work only on the surface and not on deep pimples like the ones I get. They help heal fully grown pimples that have broken through the skin barrier but they do not help stop the ones that are still brewing underneath the surface.

I've never really done any research on bee venom and how it's supposed to work. Since I was desperate for a solution, I took the product at the saleslady's word because she promised me it was going to be "really effective". I didn't have any allergic reaction to any bee stings in the past so I figured I'd be fine with giving this a try. Nature Republic has a whole Bee Venom skin care line which I find intriguing but have no plans to try them at this time since I feel I first have to use up the products that I have in stock.

Price and Availability

The 30ml tube of Nature Republic Bee Venom Treatment Spot costs P525.00 at Nature Republic stores and kiosks. I got mine at the Landmark kiosk in Makati. I find it reasonably priced since the other tubes I tried are packaged in smaller sizes but add up to be 30-40% more expensive compared to this 30ml tube yet without the same positive effect. I'm definitely sticking to this one.

Conclusion

This product is effective and I'm very happy with it. I will definitely repurchase and keep a steady supply.







Disclaimer
This product was bought with my personal funds. I'm not in any way associated with Nature Republic as a business establishment. The purpose of this post is to share information in hopes that others will find it helpful.





2 comments: